I’ve learned many lessons this year. Some were re-learned because I forgot. Here are a few that I can remember right now.
1. Never invite friends and family to your band concerts. Nobody will show up and you will be devastated. I’m in the band for myself. Not for others.
2. Don’t attempt to find a friend. It just causes stress and pain. There is nobody out there like me and I have to remember to be satisfied with that. I am perfectly happy by myself.
3. Don’t think about how pointless your life is and that you are wasting it away sitting in an office all day. Everybody does it. That’s just the way it is. Be satisfied that life is good enough. None of it will matter after you’re dead.
4. Don’t attempt to find a better place to live. Looking around just causes stress and disappointment. Where you are is good enough.
5. Don’t worry about things you aren’t getting done. In the long run they are minor and really just don’t matter.
6. Take time to enjoy the little things in life. The grass, the trees, the air. These are the things that matter and make life worth living. I plan on trying to list at least one good thing ever day.
7. Don’t waste time on Facebook. Nobody there is real. Pretending like these people are your friends is a set up for depression.
8. Don’t worry about what other people think. They obviously don’t. They can’t see you anyway. They’re all in their own little cell-phone based world. Do whatever you want. Life is short.
9. Mexican food is not healthy. Avoid as much as possible. Around here you can’t swing a cat without hitting a mexican food restaurant and it is sooo good but it’s not healthy in any respect. I want to get off my cholesterol medication and control it naturally. That means excercise!
10. Remember the lessons you have learned. It’s like that old saying about those who don’t learn their history are doomed to repeat it.
11. Don’t share anything you think is awesome with anyone else. They won’t appreciate it and it will be come less awesome.
12. Don’t look for sympathy from others. They don’t have any.