Thinking it was WAY overpriced I measured the belt and did research looking for a cheaper alternative. I thought I found my deal when I located a belt for $6.99 plus $10.00 shipping. I ordered it and waited three weeks. When it arrived I found that I did not measure the width correctly and ended up with a belt I can’t use. The company I ordered it from doesn’t have the right width belt so I can’t exchange it.
Back to the internet… I one again balked at the cost of an original equipment belt but still can’t turn up an alternative. I finally got lucky and found an OEM belt on Ebay for $25.00 with free shipping. I went ahead and ordered it.
I’ll have to wait another week to get it and overall I’m out $42 which is more than buying the expensive one in the first place. Sometimes you just can’t win.
Often you can so I’m not sure this is really a lesson to learn. I think in the big picture, I save more by searching harder than I lose by making mistakes and paying more. The moral here is “Know when to give up.”
A week or so later…
Yay! I win! I got the belt in the mail and installed it today. The mower is as good as new. Damn! I’m awesome!