House Update

mynwhseMajor bummer.  I was set to meet a realtor out at my potential future country home this weekend.  I thought it might be a good idea to check to see if it was still available.  Good thing I did.

According to Zillow, it is no longer for sale.  I sent an email to the realtor to double check.

I had taken a picture of the original For Sale by Owner sign that was laying on the porch.  It had a phone number to send a text to.  I sent one just in case maybe they gave up and took it off the market.  I’ll try calling voice if I don’t get a response.

I’m not holding my breath though.  It’s probably gone.

I’m disappointed but strangely not despondent…yet.  I’m surprised.  I spent the last two weeks braining about it and dreaming. My life was about to change for the better. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that someone else bought it.  I told you there were too many people on this planet.  I should have acted faster.  I had planned to get quick about it after meeting the realtor there this weekend.  I was ready to make an offer and buy.

The lazy side of me who is afraid of change is relieved.
The desperate side of me who wants to Live is disappointed.
Maybe the two cancel each other out.

Like I said before, this property was 80% like what I wanted.  Something like that doesn’t come along very often and I missed it.  I’ll keep on the lookout but I think I’m screwed for quite some time.

Maybe it hasn’t really sunk in yet.  I’ll probably cry later.

UPDATE:  I heard back from the owner.  The house is still available.  YAY!  Maybe it is meant to be.  If it has disappeared from the market but still available then that may limit the competition.

UPDATE2: I met a realtor there at the house today to get his thoughts.  He had a few for sure.  First… The house is a dump.  I knew that but my eyes were clouded.  His main concern was the foundation which still looks sturdy to me.  It is composed of cedar posts in cement.  They look and feel perfectly fine and they may be but if I was to turn the turd house into a diamond, it would still be on a questionable foundation should I ever sell it in the future.  I can see where he is coming from.

He recommended trying to get the property for the value of the land only and demolish the house then start fresh.  I like the property even though it is a few more acres than I need.  The place has been on the market for a long time and I can see why.  It is certainly not worth $100K.  The land only is valued at around $70K.   I’m at a loss as to what to do.

I think I’m going to put it on the back burner for a while and see what happens.  I’ll still consider seeing if I can get it for maybe 60-70K and still attempt a fix-up.  Maybe do the demolition and start new.  I don’t know.  I guess I don’t have to rush on this.  It is unlikely to be sold anytime soon.

The realtor knows what I am looking for and is going to see if he can find anything special for me.  In the meantime, I’ll let it go for now.  Sometimes if you let something go and it comes back then it was meant to be.  No rush I guess.

 

 

 

Advertisements